We're really not that different from any other suburban American family... except that we all (to varying degrees) play WoW.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

... the family that plays together stays together.

In truth we are not that different from any other mid-western, suburban family. We have our jobs that we go to every day, the kids have school, taekwondo, soccer, swim lessons, and all of their other various extra curricular activities. We still sit down to dinner every evening, we still help the kids with homework, and we still go to bed at a reasonable hour (most of the time).

The main difference between us and most other families is that we all play World of Warcraft. For the last 3 years game time has largely replaced TV time in our home. Obviously we don't all play at the same time or at the same level. I am a former progression raider turned casual, mom is still in our old progression guild and they are doing very well. The girl (our daughter) likes to collect pets on her level 20 hunter and nuke plainstriders in The Barrens, and the boy (the youngest) likes to spend all of my gold in the Barber Shop and on repairs because " I don't like to run back to my body when I die so I just talk to the guy."

I've been reading WoW blogs for nearly as long as I've been playing the game. There are several that I read regularly and some that I visit occasionally. This will be my first venture into the blogosphere as a writer and I am both excited and nervous. Excited with the hope that on occasion I may have something meaningful to share, nervous because I realize that I am a novice trying to break ground in a crowded niche with some very talented writers.

This is kind of like the other night when I was asked to run Ruby Sanctum with my old guild. They obviously have Halion on farm and I had never set foot in the instance before. Fortunately for me I had researched enough that I was able to hold my own and not embarrass myself. I will try to do the same here. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment